What Happened to the Hysteria About Trump-Induced Anti-Semitism?
Add Reply
Joe Cooper
2017-06-13 11:25:38 UTC
I document in my book "Still the Best Hope: Why the World Needs American
Values to Triumph," which is an explanation of Americanism, leftism and
Islamism, hysteria is a major tactic of the left.

If you think about it, there is never an extended period of time -- one
year, let's say -- during which society is not engulfed by a hysteria
induced by the left. The mother of them all is global warming, or
"climate change," as the left has come to call it (because the warming
was not quite enough to induce widespread panic). Hysterics like
billionaires Al Gore and Tom Steyer, along with virtually all the Western
news media, warn us that the existence of life on Earth is threatened by
carbon emissions.

But in its longevity, global warming is almost unique among left-wing
hysterias. In general, left-wing hysterias last for much less time, from
a few months to a year or two. And when they end -- because the hysteria
is widely recognized as fraudulent -- they're immediately dropped and
completely forgotten. The left never pays a price for its hysteria.

Take, for example, the hysteria the left created by charging President
Trump's election with the unleashing of unprecedented amounts of anti-
Semitism and racism in America.

Being attuned to the left's use of hysteria, I knew it was hysteria at
the time. In the March 7, 2017, issue of the Jewish Journal, I wrote a
column titled "There Is No Wave of Trump-Induced anti-Semitism or
Racism."

It was all a lie. That's why you hardly hear anything now about an
alleged wave of racism or anti-Semitism in the country.

CARTOONS | STEVE BREEN
VIEW CARTOON
What rankles those who have a passion for justice is that the mendacious
fomenters of the hysteria have gotten away with it.

So, as a Jew who understands how much damage left-wing Jews have done to
the real fight against anti-Semitism, some of these people are worth
mentioning.

Perhaps the individual who most spread the lie of Trump-induced anti-
Semitism was a previously unknown man named Steven Goldstein, executive
director of the previously unknown Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect
in New York.

They became famous for a few months when the media had to trot out a Jew
with an official title -- and no Jewish title is as sacrosanct as one
with the name Anne Frank on it.

Goldstein has publicly commented on "the cancer of Antisemitism that has
infected his own Administration." He said: "Make no mistake: The
Antisemitism coming out of this Administration is the worst we have ever
seen from any Administration."

And he said to Trump, "The most vicious anti-Semites in America are
looking at you and your administration as a nationalistic movement
granting them permission to attack Jews, Jewish institutions and sacred
Jewish sites."

Almost as hysterical about anti-Semitism in America was Jonathan
Greenblatt, the CEO of a considerably more significant Jewish
institution, the Anti-Defamation League, or ADL.

As reported by the Israeli newspaper Haaretz in December, "Anti-Semitic
rhetoric in the United States has reached levels unprecedented since
1930s Germany, Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt warned a
gathering of Israeli lawmakers in Jerusalem on Monday.

"'Anti-Semitism has wound its way into mainstream conversations in a
manner that many Jews who lived through Nazi Germany find terrifying,' he
said at the Knesset meeting, which was convened to discuss the plight of
American Jewry under the incoming Trump administration."

(Note Haaretz's inflammatory description, "the plight of American Jewry
under the incoming Trump administration," made six weeks before there was
a Trump administration!)

Aside from fomenting hysteria about an almost nonexistent outbreak of
anti-Semitism, all Greenblatt's allusion to Nazi Germany did was diminish
the evil of Nazism and the Holocaust.

In December, Greenblatt told NPR, "we found it so deeply problematic when
some of the images and some of the rhetoric seemed to evoke longstanding
anti-Semitic conspiracies."

And Greenblatt repeated this charge in February in an op-ed he wrote for
the Washington Post. He said: "Trump could have said he condemns anti-
Semitism and takes incidents, such as the dozens of threats made to
Jewish Community Centers, seriously. But instead, he lashed out against
those asking the question. ... Last year, we watched as the Trump
campaign repeatedly tweeted and shared anti-Semitic imagery and language,
allowing this poison to move from the margins into the mainstream of the
public conversation."

Well, guess what. It turned out that President Trump was entirely right:
There was no eruption of anti-Semitism in America, let alone one
emanating from the White House. Furthermore, "those asking the question"
did indeed deserve to be "lashed out" against.

And why aren't we hearing any more about Trump-induced anti-Semitism in
America? Because law enforcement officials reported that a disturbed
Israeli-American Jewish teenager in Israel was the source of nearly all
the threats against Jewish community centers. And that a handful of other
threats to them came from an angry, obsessive black radical trying to
frame an ex-girlfriend.

Will any of those who spread the lie and hysteria about Trump-induced
anti-Semitism now apologize?

I wrote the answer to that question about 35 years ago: "Being on the
left means never have to say, 'I'm sorry.'"

But the greatest lesson is this: Next time the left gets hysterical, just
assume the hysteria is fraudulent. There has been no exception to this
rule in my lifetime. And that includes the hysteria about Trump campaign
"collusion" with Russia.

Source: http://bit.ly/2sXyZkn
--
"A lot of people may mouth agreement, but I suspect many even of these
know leftism is largely a virtue-signaling, power-grabbing scam." (Andrew
Klavan)
Siri Cruise
2017-06-13 11:56:45 UTC
In article <***@213.239.209.88>,
Joe Cooper <***@removeunseen.is> wrote:

It's been overwhelmed by Drumpf-induced anti-moslem hatred.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Free the Amos Yee one. This post / \
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha. insults Islam. Mohammed
tRudy Crayola
2017-06-13 12:03:00 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
It's been overwhelmed by Drumpf-induced anti-moslem hatred.
I was not aware that you were a Moslem. Did that circumcision hurt much?
--
Rudy's Nut & Fruit farm- Sacramento